Wednesday, March 10, 2010

3/9/2010 Trip to and arrival in Monterrey Mexico

Please note I will try to post for each day of my visit at the end of each day. Not promising anything though!

March 9th, 2001 this day started at 4:00 AM Mountain time. I got up got ready to leave, loaded the car and at 5:15 AM, I headed out to Sharon and Allens home. Sharon is babysitting my car for me while I am in Mexico. She is such a sweet heart. I love her dearly. She came with me to the airport and then drove my car back to her house after dropping me off.

Once getting settled in at the airport (free luggage fee because the credit/debit card system was down WOOT!) for United Airlines. Once everything was said and done my flight left at 7:18 AM and my first stop was Denver, Colorado. Which went pretty fast. Then it was off to HUMID AS HECK HOUSTON, Texas! I was sweating so bad from the humidity that even my hands were sweating! Yea and now I remember why I hated being there for 2 weeks back in 2000. Humidity and I do not get along so well.
I will deal with it for a visit, vacation, etc. But I refuse to live in such high humidity. It kicks in my asthma like no bodys business! After that it was off to Monterrey! My flight landed at 3:55 Central Time.

Anyway, the trip to Monterrey was long, but cheaper than flying straight through to Monterrey by about $500.00 USD.

Once you arrive in Monterrey you are required to deboard the plane on the tarmack and walk into the building for customs. For those of you who us Boise or other small airports you are familiar with deboarding on the tarmack and walking into the building.

It is a little bit humid here but nothing I can't handle. Not even half as bad as Houston, Texas.

The trip through customs was pretty quick, stamps for the passport, picked up luggage, some screening, and if your lucky the random choice of extra screening (which I lucked out on, and did not have to do extra screening, darn it! woot!).

Then! ALAS! I walk through the security doors leading from customs and there stands my handsome hubby and his friend Manuel. Manuel is a very nice gentleman. He drove us back to Larry's apartment.

Ok I am sure everyone has heard me complain about the way people drive in the U.S.? Well the way they drive here in Monterrey is on the close side of suicidal. Much worse than any driving I have experienced or witnessed living in the U.S. But, you do not hear of or see many car accidents, so that tells me that they pay more attention when driving than Americans do... take notes people!!!

Upon arriving at Larry's apartment I discovered his bed is rock hard. That will be addressed soon! I was introduced to his landlord Christy, who is a very sweet lady. I also met her husband who's name I can not remember. I met her daughter Susanna and also 2 of Christy's grandchildren. Who's names I can't remember.
Susanna is a very sweet lady as well. She took Larry and I to a seafood resturant called Atlantica. Very, Very, good food! Then we returned hom and slept. Not so well due to Larry's hard mattress.

I will post my great adventures of day 2 of my visit otherwise known as 3/10/2010 later tonight unless I get too tired. Then I will post it tomorrow.

No comments: